Sunday, March 25, 2012

MY CONNECTIONS to PLAY

 "It is better to play than do nothing" by Confucius.

"Play is the beginning of knowledge" by Plato.

 Growing up as I child I played with my brothers on the swing.  They will give me a push, and I used my legs to continue swinging back and forth. They would also push me around in the wagon, and many times they would put me in the wagon and push me down the hill to see how the wagon will go.



Coming up as a young child we did not have much.  I would go outside with my friends and play football with the boys and climb trees for fun.  Climbing trees help to increase my gross motor skills.  Many of the activities that I played helpd with gross motor skills.  However, I would play in the mun and pretend to make a mudcake or pretend to make pancakes out of mud.  As children we have a huge imagination.  I can't remember playing with manipulatives and learning colors and how to snap the objects together to increase my fine motor skills.  Although, in childcare ceenter now you tend to see it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog. I don't think that you have to have much in order to play. In fact, I think that today's children probably have too many "things" and that is why they have a difficult time with imaginative play. I also did not have a lot of "toys" growing up but loved playing on our swing set as well with my sisters. Speaking of playing in the mud and siblings... mine thought it was fun to make mud pies and feed them to my twin sister and myself. Luckily, I was too young to remember this, so I can't hold it against them.

    ReplyDelete