Sunday, November 18, 2012

Communicating with Others


Cultural Diversity

 

Do you find yourself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures? No

 
If yes, in what ways do you communicate differently?  After reading and learning about strategies to communicate with individuals of different cultures, I have realize that I would want to treat the person as I would like he or she to treat me.  I will be respectful and communicate with them as knowledgeable as possible and ask questions that will help me to better understand the individual.  I will use the Platinum Rule as well to help me communicate with people of different cultures.

 

Reference

 

Beebe, S. A., Beebe, S. J., & Redmond, M. V. (2011). Interpersonal communication: Relating to others (6th ed.). pp.(85-114).

No comments:

Post a Comment