Sunday, December 2, 2012

CONFLICT AND RESOLUTION


Conflict and Resolution

I have been promoted as the Director of the child care center where I work.  When I was Assistant Director my coworkers assume they did not have to listen and do what I advised them to do.  Now as Director they look at me as if I think I own the center.  We seem to get alone okay but have our differences.  One coworker acts like she knows it all, so she tends to get an attitude with me when I confront her on what she is doing wrong.  I do not argue with her, I write her up and let her sign the notice.  After three notices, she has time off without pay.  I commend my workers for doing their best and having a productive classroom. 

With the issue at hand, I would use Magda Gerber 3R’s.  I would show respect toward the person and I would listen to her side of the story.  I would like for the worker as well to listen and respect my decisions.  We would have a conversation with understanding and I would let her know that we must work together as a team and not individually. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lakeshia
    As with one of your worker this co-worker thinks that she knows it all as well. So she got an attitude with one of our project director, and she was let go. We did not argue with her, she was repamanded one time , and after her attitude spike out of control she was terminated

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the other worker has a personal problem with you as the director. If I were to guess, she sounds jealous of your position. I think that if she is going to remain on staff at your center, there needs to be some work done on a personal level to establish a better relationship between the two of you. It probably wouldn't hurt to have some team building activities done with all of the staff at your next staff meeting.

    ReplyDelete